Monday, September 15, 2008

Screen capture :)


Beginning this process of creating a screen capture, I was clueless. Honestly, who uses this tool? I asked four people to help me before I realized you have to PASTE it in a paint screen. Wow, I'm slow. Well, maybe because I can't focus on anything other than my birthday being in 3.25 hours. I'll be legal! Making a screen capture was just not on the top of my list. But once I figured it out, I felt so proud and saw I could use this tool more often. By overcoming a very tiny dilemma in the digital media world, our eyes open to millions of ideas. America is not run by huge corporations anymore, and there is no one right way. We now have so much because of little ideas that people thought nothing of at the time. I am very proud of my new found skill, and I am currently bragging to a few people of my hidden talent. Small, new lessons in the digital and cyberspace world really make huge differences and open trillions of new portals of doors.
Also, these new doors and ideas are far from conventional. We don't look at anything the same nor do we act the same as we would three years ago. I was getting gas last week and I had a conversation verbally on the phone, and I was texting three people. The man next to be looks and comments to me about this and I thought to myself "the whole world has gone insane, people used to love coming to a conner store getting coffee and the paper, now we rush in and out still glued to our phones and all other outside connections." Anything that talks, blinks, moves or even intreges us the tiniest bit is incredible to us. I really don't understand our addiction but I can not picture life without all our sad inventions.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It took awhile for me to figure out where to paste my screen shot too! Other than that, happy belated birthday :)

k lemon said...

Happy birthday!
I totally spent like an hour trying to figure out the screen capture thing too! I finally just googled it, but I definitely felt dumb.

tonyae1989 said...

Jordan at least we all learned how !!

Allison12 said...

I had no idea that you had to paste the screen capture in paint either.. after not figuring it out all night I finally asked someone the next day.. lol.

Klaus said...

Well at least you managed to stay on topic throughout your post. Just kidding. Anyways, I agree with you when you said that our culture tends to rely too much on our 'sad' inventions. I think we need to put down our phones and get off the compture once in a while and just take a second to stop and enjoy the silence.

Raquel said...

Haha I am probably worse than anyone in the class. Seriously. I definitely had to ask Karra to help me with everything.

Neil said...

You're right... it is hard to imagine our world without all of the crazy gadgets we use daily. Interesting post, and happy belated birthday!!